Sunday, June 13, 2010

Weekend of 6.13.10 (1 of 2)

Friday 6/11
so my last post was on my way out to the Sculpture gardens ... and that was awesome...Wow. amazing music, great vibe, beautiful weather, and $17.50 pitchers of sangria. I will def be there next week, and get there early. I arrived around 630pm and that was late, there was absolutely no where to sit, I had to squat in front of some people sitting along the edge of the fountain and enjoy my sangria until it was not awkward anymore. There's just something about the feel of live music, the energy, its just great. this was a 5 piece band, I was not sitting close to them, but their sound was amplified so the whole garden area could hear... it was the perfect compliment, great background music for people further away and just the right volume for folks dancing right near them. Great afternoon.
Click The pic for more info on jazz at the sculpture garden. →

After leaving the Sculpture Garden, I went down to U street to check out Bohemian Caverns on the corner of 11th and u. Unfortunately I did not go down for the music, I went on the recommendation of a friend that Bohemian Caverns had great grits... what can i say i had a craving for some grits... and they came thru, they were awesome. I really need to go back there another time and check out a performance in the basement "The Cavern" part. snapped that pic on the way out... if youve never been the walls are built to look like the inside of a cave... and its a very intimate space, similar in feel to blues alley, there was a band playing live jazz, very good sound system. Here's more info on Bohemian Caverns. The night ended at tombs with my man Reggie djaying celebrating a friend's final night working at tombs waiting tables. It was just like old times. walk down memory lane, that's the great thing about tombs, you know what your gonna get every time you go back, Crowd wise, music wise and energy wise. I think you had to have worked there to have the same perspective i have on the tombs, and it is def. and acquired taste, but its a place i feel like I can always go back to and have a great time. Especially if Big Reg is in charge of the music, I would not be a DJ if it were not for reggie, so he gets the ultimate shout out, thanks and respect for being awesome! here's a pic of the classic, everyone get in a circle-and sing along for the final song of the night, sign of the conclusion of a great Tombs night.




That's all for this one. that was a full Friday night... Ive got some great stories to tell from Saturday, I worked an office summer party and @ Gin & Tonic later in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment