Monday, August 2, 2010

What I am listening to right now: A-Trak + Kanye

This mixtape itself is a few years old... but its timeless. DJ A Trak and Kanye got together and Kanye shows us the original songs that he sampled his hits from. A brilliant concept to show the genesis of music we know and love. Check it out and get a lesson in music history from kanye & a-trak.




Track listing:
1 Get By Intro (Sinnerman)
2 The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (I Wish You Were Here)
3 Testify (Innocent Til Proven Guilty)
4 The Truth (Chicago)
5 Ain't No Love (In The Heart of City)
6 Never Change (Common Man)
7 Down and Out (Strung Out)
8 Drive Slow (Wildflower)
9 They Say (Ghetto Child)
10 Two Words (Peace and Love)
11 Celebration (Heavenly Dream)
12 Late (I'll Erase Away Your Pain)
13 Slow Jamz (A House Is Not A Home)
14 Through The Wire (Fire)
15 Roses (Rosie)
16 Addiction (My Funny Valentine)
17 My Way Home (Is Where The Hatred Is)
18 Go (Old Smokey)
19 Crack Music (Since You Came In My Life)
20 Touch The Sky (Move On Up)
21 (It's) Impossible
22 Spaceship (Distant Lover)
23 Overnight Celebrity (Cause I Love You)
Check out DJ A-Trak's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment